BC Soccer Premier League
As excitement within the soccer community builds this is a great opportunity for the players in the Thompson Okanagan to compete with the best players in the province in a proper periodized and structured player development model that will define and eliminate multi based programing. At the present time players are involved in many different programs that overlap and have no continuity which results in over training and confusion.
With this in mind we have the following time line for you,
Call for coaching Application April 15th
Closing date for applications May 5th
Coaching interviews Week of May 9th to 13th
Player evaluations June 13th to June 23nd
Selection and naming of pool of players at the end of the super Y program by July 26
What is the BCSPL?
What will the cost of the program be?
- The EA SPORTS BC Soccer Premier League represents the highest level of competition for our Province’s best youth soccer players. Eight founding franchises representing more than 80 per cent of the BC population were announced in March 2011. The first full season of competition will begin in March 2012, and will feature divisions at the U-13, U-14, U-15, U-16, and U-17/U-18 levels. Competition will continue through November. In fall 2011, a “mini-season” will run from September through November to prepare for the full season starting in March 2012. Details about the fall 2011 schedule will be released in the coming months.
- A final budget is still in preparation but parents should budget for a program cost between $2,500 and $2,800 for a full season (10 months).
What is the purpose of the BCSPL?
When are the evaluations ?
- To harmonize all levels of elite programing in BC and provide a recognized sustainable player development program with quality training and matches.
- We will be posting dates and times by the end of April once all fields have been confirmed.
Who is involved in this League?
- There are 8 franchises that have been awarded; one on Vancouver Island, six in the lower mainland and the Thompson Okanagan. Each of these had to go through and application process and meet all standards. Each of these groups will field teams from U-13 to U-18 in each gender.
What is the timeframe of the season?
- This year there will be a mini season September to middle of November with the full season beginning in March and running to end of November.
What is the training schedule?
- It is anticipated that players will train three times per week with games on weekends. Two of the training sessions are expected to be at a central training ground in either Kelowna or Vernon. The third training session is expected to take place at the player’s home association under the guidance of the player’s home technical director.
If my son or daughter is playing Super Y League do they need to attend the evaluations
- Yes but only 2 of the three evaluation days; players that are involved in the Y program are and will be evaluated over the duration of the program.
Can any player attend?
Why a pool of players at the end of July for the mini season?
- Yes, as every player has the opportunity to play at this level if he or she meets the standard.
- As we are selecting from a region this will better help us make proper informed decisions of the players ability to play at that level.
Parents and coaches that have any questions are asked to send an email to Dante Zanatta @ firstname.lastname@example.org